Mission is to build relationships and use best consulting practices
to enhance organizational performance and individual development.
We strive to leave our client organizations stronger and more capable than when we first engaged.
L. Marles is founder of the Marles Group, an organization consulting
firm focused on leveraging organizational and individual strengths to
improve performance and productivity.
She holds a Masters degree from American University/NTL and is a skilled facilitator with strong practical and theoretical background in group dynamics, group process, organization behavior, MBTI, as well as results-based performance measurement. Her work has extended through more than 30 states, Canada, Europe and Central America.
A recent success involved team development and implementation of results-based measures for the entire staff of a federal agency, contributing to a 400% increase in department productivity.
Consulting and Training
Often the issues you see are actually symptoms of a different set of problems.
We listen to clients to hear not only your immediate needs, but to uncover any hidden issues or the possibilities behind them. While training is often the first solution that leaders look toward, there may be other appropriate interventions that we invite you to consider for a stronger result.
Strategy and Change
planning is an intentional approach to change, ideally for improved
business results. Through facilitated meetings and executive
retreats, we can help your leadership group or team:
- Bring the right mix of people to the planning table
- Identify your long and short-range priorities, clarify goals, strategies and outcomes
- Leverage your strengths
- Prepare for the known and unexpected obstacles
- Create a useful planning document
- Launch work teams or cross-functional teams to implement the plan
Definitions: Change and Transition
is usually an event, an alteration in our external environment;
something new starts or something old stops. Our experience of that
event provides (or doesn’t provide) us with meaning.
is the gradual psychological process through which individuals and
groups reorient themselves so that they can function and find meaning
in the changed situation.
Do you spend too much time in meetings that produce too little?
Meetings led by a neutral third party can be more productive, lead to more
creative problem solving, and free the leader/manager to engage in
positive participation rather than worry about meeting management
Our involvement includes:
- Pre-meeting with leader to identify outcomes and issues
- Joint preparation of agenda, identification of resources needed
- Review of participant list to bring the right people together
- Meeting facilitation, including group-building exercises if desired
- Planning for and assistance with follow up activities as needed
Your team can be more effective and work together more productively and positively.
We will assess your team’s situation, and recommend appropriate follow up, which may include the following topics:
- Understanding the Stages of Group Development
- Characteristics of Effective Teams
- Team Effectiveness Survey
Introduction to Myers Briggs Type Indicator (half-day team workshop, or integrated into team training or retreat)
Process Consultation (facilitator observes your team meeting, and intervenes along the way to point out ways to improve or enhance your process)
- Teambuilding activities to encourage collaboration, help them work through differences in a low risk setting, and create successful work relationships
The strength of any organization depends on its leadership.
Leaders are developed through a combination of training in applicable skills and processes, and an organizational environment that reinforces desired leader behaviors.
- Management and Leadership
- Leadership style self-assessments, including Myers Briggs, Strength Deployment Inventory, Leader Behavior Analysis
- 360o Feedback, including SkillScope from the Center for Creative Leadership
- Situational Leadership™ (half-day workshop)
- Various Leadership Training topics, such as feedback, coaching, recognition, delegation, performance management
- Organization culture assessment – does your organization encourage and support the leader behaviors you say you want?
measure more, measure better.
employee performance is so much more than an annual appraisal. A
thorough understanding of the cycle of performance management, from
clarifying high-level strategic goals, through performance planning,
feedback and appraisal, can significantly enhance your organization’s
organizations are focusing more on accountability and performance
results. Yet many kinds of jobs do not lend themselves well to
measures focus employee effort and energy on the critical outcomes
that the job must produce, not on activities.
We are the
only authorized provider of Jack Zigon’s two award-winning
workshops other than Jack himself:
How to measure employee performance
How to measure team performance
Learn more at:
The Book of Road-Tested Activities, edited by Elaine Beich (2011)
The Pfeiffer Annual: Training, edited by Elaine Beich (2013)
|Main | Testimonials | Client List||©2014 Marles Group. All Rights Reserved.|